Teochew Style Fried Noodles I (Teochew Mee Teow)
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 300 g Teochew savoury noodles, , preferably Handmade Mee Teow
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 1 bunch Chinese chives, or Ku chai, cut into sections
- 20 g dried shrimps, soaked and drained
- 1 piece Teochew fish cake, cut into thin slices
- 100 g prawns, Fresh shelled
- 2 Tablespoons garlic, chopped
- Boil a wok of water.
- Spread out the handmade Mee tiau and put it in the boiling water for just 1 minute, about 80% cooked stirring occasionally.
- Remove Mee Teow from hot water and place it in cold water.
- Drain well.
- Heat up 1 tablespoon of oil, sauté chopped garlic and dried shrimps until fragrant.
- Add in fish cake and fresh prawns. Stir well.
- Add in cooked Mee Teow and stir well.
- Add in bean sprouts at the bottom of cooked Mee Teow. Stir fry until bean sprouts about cooked.
- Lastly add in Chinese chives and stir well.
- Dish up and serve.