Home Style Crispy Butter Cereal Chicken
- 300 g chicken fillet, cut into bite size
- 5 clove shallots, chopped finely
- 100 g butter, softened
- 2 bird eye's chili, chopped (optional)
- 3 stalks curry leaves
- 25 g nestum cereal
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar, to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- Cut chicken fillet into bite size. Then marinate for at least half an hour with light soy sauce and turmeric powder. Add a dash of cornstarch. Deep fry till golden brown. Drain off the oil and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a wok or pan. Stir fry the chopped shallots until fragrant and golden brown.Then add the curry leaves, bird eye's chilli (optional) and nestum cereal. Continue to fry until the oat turns crispy and golden brown.
- Add the cooked chicken fillet and mix well. Arrange the cooked chicken on a serving plate and top additional crispy nestum cereal over it. Serve hot with steamed rice.
First cut chicken fillets into bite size. Then prepare light soy sauce and turmeric powder to marinade the chicken.
To marinade the chicken, add light soy sauce to the bite size chicken in a bowl.
Then add turmeric powder.
Lastly add cornstarch.
Mix everything together. Set aside for at least 30 minutes.
Then heat up some oil in a wok or non stick pan.
Deep fry the marinated chicken till cooked through or until golden brown.
Drain the chicken on paper towel and set aside.
Next prepare ingredients to fry the chicken.
In a non stick pan or wok, melt the butter.
Then add chopped shallots.
Next add the curry leaves and chopped bird eye’s chilli (optional).
When the leaves are crisped, add the nestum cereal.
And the sugar.
Then add salt to taste. Stir fry on medium heat until the nestum cereal is golden brown and crispy.
Add the fried chicken to this and toss well till the chicken is coated with a crisp layer of cereal, about 2 minutes.
Arrange the nestum chicken on a serving plate and top additional crispy cereal over it.
Garnish with green onions and red chillies. Serve the butter cereal chicken warm with steamed rice.
Incorporating chicken, cereal, curry leaves and butter certainly makes for a great tasty dish.
And best of all, it’s DONE in just 25 minutes.
SO … ENJOY!