Valentine’s Day is a time when people show feelings of love, affection and friendship and these fluffy and gorgeous looking Valentine Scones are created just for this special day which falls on February 14 every year. Valentine Scones with miniature chocolate chips added, are specially tinted red and cut out into heart shapes to make them more festive to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
These simple and quick homemade Valentine Scones taste as good as they look. They make an ideal treat on Valentine’s Day. So delicious to serve them warm with just butter, jam or clotted cream. So if you want to rustle up something romantic without the stress, these fabulous Valentine Scones may just be the answer. They also make such a great edible gift for your loved ones.
Making these Valentine Scones is so simple and quick. First, mix the dry flour ingredients in a large bowl. Cut in cold butter cubes till it resembles coarse crumbs. Next, stir in the chocolate chips. Then, combine all wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Add the WET ingredients to the DRY ingredients and stir JUST until the dough comes together.
Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and pat dough into a circle with a thickness of about 1 1/2 inch. Cut the dough into heart shaped, place on baking sheet, glaze the top and bake in a preheated oven for about 15 minutes. And we’re done!
These fluffy heart-shaped scones with chocolate chip are fun to make. So get your Valentine’s Day started on a sweet note by baking a batch of these gorgeous looking Valentine Scones. These homemade Valentine Scones are the sweetest way to show your care to everyone special in your life. As always, Enjoy and Happy Valentine Everyone!
Valentine Scones 情人节司康
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 260 grams all-purpose flour
- 50 grams sugar
- 1 ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 113 grams butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 90 grams chocolate chips
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp red food colour
- First, preheat oven to 200 degree C and place rack in middle of oven.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Cut the butter into small cubes and blend into the flour mixture with a pastry cutter till it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Next, stir in the chocolate chips and set aside.
- In a small measuring cup containing buttermilk, add in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Then, add in 1/2 teaspoon of red food colour.
- Whisk everything together till well mixed.
- Add into the flour mixture.
- Stir JUST until the dough comes together. Do not over mix the dough.
- Then transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and then pat the dough into a circle about 7 inches round and 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Cut out heart shapes with a heart-shaped cookie cutter. Gather scraps and cut out additional heart shapes.
- Place the heart shaped scones on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the tops of the scones with a little milk. This helps in browning.
- Then decorate with tiny sugar hearts.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove the baking sheet from oven and cool slightly on wire rack.
- Then transfer the baked scones onto a wire rack to cool. And we're done!
- These scones are best eaten the day they are baked, preferably shortly after they are out from the oven. As always, ENJOY!