If you like recipes of tofu with mushroom, you may want to try this flavourful and healthy steamed tofu dish: Steamed Shiitake Mushroom Beancurd. This is another vegetarian dish that is very simple to cook. The soft silky tofu, also known as beancurd is just perfect when steamed. Topped with this homemade shiitake mushroom sauce, it simply elevate this humble dish to another level.
The flavour of this Chinese mushroom sauce is so good, you really may not have enough. The diced shiitake mushrooms in the sauce absorb all the juices and sauces added during stir-frying, making them super flavourful. Steaming this aromatic sauce over the soft, smooth and tofu works great in helping to give amazing taste to the otherwise bland taste of tofu. It is certainly a great dish to impress your guests who are vegetarian.
Serve this dish with steamed brown rice for a truly wholesome and healthy meal. As always, ENJOY!
Steamed Shiitake Mushroom Beancurd 蒸香菇豆腐
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
Shiitake Mushroom Sauce:
- 100 gram shiitake mushroom, rehydrated, blend
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetarian shacha sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tbsp zhe jiang vinegar
Steamed Shiitake Mushroom Beancurd:
- 1 box beancurd, soft
- 2 tbsp shiitake mushroom sauce, made earlier
- 1 tbsp Chinese parsley
- 1 tbsp carrots, cut into strips
- Soak dried shiitake mushroom in cold water till soft, about 1 hour.
- Drain and squeeze off excess water.
- Cut the rehydrated mushrooms into smaller pieces.
- Blend well the mushrooms together with stems.
- Next skin and mince ginger. We're ready to fry the sauce.
- Have ready all the seasonings needed. And we're ready to cook the sauce.
- In a wok, heat up 2 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon sesame oil.
- Add in minced ginger and stir fry till aromatic.
- Then, add in the blended mushroom and continue to stir fry till fragrant, making sure mushroom is well combined with minced ginger.
- Add in the seasonings.
- Stir fry to combine all seasonings into the mushroom mixture and on low heat, cook for another 2 minutes. And we're done!
- Set aside. We're now ready to cook steamed shiitake mushroom beancurd.
- Place the soft block of beancurd on a steaming plate.
- Pour the mushroom sauce onto the top of the beancurd.
- Place the plate of beancurd into a prepared steamer.
- Cover and steam over medium heat for 10 minutes. And we're done!
- Served garnished with steamed rice. As always, ENJOY!