These Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are just how I like them to be. They are wonderfully thick, soft, chewy and loaded with wholesome rolled oats, sweet golden raisins and crunchy nuts. I added chopped nuts in this recipe because they were just made to go together. These cookies are simple, nothing fancy, just packed with homemade goodness.
These fabulous cookies are so easy to put together. Just cream butter and add brown sugar. Mix until blended and then add in flour. Lastly stir in the rolled oats, raisins and pecans until just combined. Form into balls, bake and we’re done! These delightful Oatmeal Raisin Cookies smell just heavenly when baking that everyone in your family will surely enjoy!
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies 燕麦葡萄干饼干
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 250 grams butter, room temperature
- 165 grams brown sugar, 3/4 cup
- 250 grams all-purpose flour, 2 cups
- 65 grams Self-raising flour, 1/2 cup
- 1 egg, large, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 230 grams Rolled oats, 2 cups, old fashioned rolled oats
- 110 grams pecans/walnuts, 1 cup, toasted and chopped
- 170 grams raisins, 1 cup
- Prepare all ingredients needed to make the oatmeal raisin cookies.
- First, preheat oven to 180 degree C and arrange baking tray to be in the centre of oven.
- Put pecans on a baking sheet and toast them in the 180 degree C preheated oven just until they become aromatic, about 5 minutes.
- Let the toasted pecans cool and then coarsely chop for later use.
- Soak raisins in hot water until they turn plump and moist, about 10 minutes.
- Then drain well and set aside. And we're ready to make the cookies.
- First, place the softened butter into a mixing bowl of a stand mixer and beat on low speed, until it becomes soft and creamy.
- Then, gradually add in the brown sugar. Then, on medium speed, cream the butter and sugar until mixture is smooth.
- Then add in egg and vanilla extract.
- Continue beating until mixture is light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together sifted all-purpose flour and self-raising flour.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed butter mixture.
- Beat until mixture is well incorporated.
- Stir in chopped pecans, rolled oats and raisins.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, spoon the oatmeal cookie dough onto ungreased baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- In batches, bake the oatmeal cookies in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes until very lightly browned on the sides. The centres of cookies will still be soft and a little wet.
- Remove from oven and let the cookies cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes.
- Then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. And we're done!
- These cookies stay fresh at room temperature for up to 1 week. They are however best enjoyed fresh on the day they are baked. As always, ENJOY!