Bundt Marble Cake
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 170 g butter, softened at room temperature
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 250 g Granulated white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Whole milk, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 310 g all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Cocoa powder, good quality
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 160 degree C (black bundt pan), 170 C ( light bundt pan). Grease a 10 inch bundt pan.
- In small bowl: Mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Stir well.
- In large bowl: Whisk together the oil, butter and sugar until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time and continue to mix until you have a nice thick batter.
- Add the milk and mix it in quickly.
- Then add the flour mixture and mix it all together until it’s well incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Pour 2/3 batter into the prepared pan and set aside.
- Add the cocoa powder to the reserved 1/3 batter and mix it so you have a smooth chocolaty batter.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture all over the top of the cake batter. Using a butter knife, make swirls ( in a figure 8 ) through the two batters to create a marble effect.
- Bake the cake for about 50 min or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Do not over bake or the cake will be dry tasting.
- Allow the cake to cool before inverting onto a platter. Can serve warm or at room temperature.