Teochew Taukwa With Kin Chye ( Teochew Tofu With Coriander )
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 3 blocks Teochew Taukwa, or Teochew tofu, cut into cubes
- 2 stalks Kin Chye, or coriander / chinese celery / cilantro, cut into 1 inch length
- 2 tablespoons Chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Oil, for frying
- Heat up oil in wok. Season the cut tofu with 1/2 teaspoon salt. (Alternatively, can add the 1/2 teaspoon salt in the hot oil)
- Fry the tofu in the hot oil until golden brown. Then set aside.
- In the same wok, leave about 1 tablespoon oil. Add in the chopped garlic and fry till just golden brown and fragrant.
- Add in the fried tofu and mix well with the fried garlic.
- Sprinkle in the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt into the tofu. Mix well salt with the tofu. Adjust to taste.
- Then put in the kin chye. Stir fry briefly to mix the herb with the tofu.
- Dish out on plate and serve warm.
This combination of crispy fried garlic and tofu with the unique aroma of kin chye is perfect for any wholesome vegetarian meal.