With the popularity of the movie, Frozen parties or Frozen birthday parties have become such a hit especially among the little ones who are so obsessed with anything ‘FROZEN’. These cupcakes are just great at a Disney FROZEN inspired party. The best part is these adorable cupcakes can be made without much effort too! Just bake your favourite cupcakes, frost them with blue or white frosting in line with the theme and decorate with some sugar sprinkles and disney frozen inspired edible photo cupcake toppers.
Disney Frozen Inspired Vanilla Cupcakes
Vanilla Cupcake Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature, 57g
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar, 200g
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, large
- 1/3 cup sour cream, or yogurt
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted, 220g
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup milk, at room temperature
Whipped Topping Ingredients: (Frosting)
- 250 g Whipped Topping
- 500 g COLD water
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C ( 350 degree F ).
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Beat the butter and sugar till crumbly.
- Add vanilla and vegetable oil.
- Then beat in the eggs, one at a time and cream until well combined.
- Lastly add the sour cream / yoghurt. This helps to make the cupcakes really moist and fluffy.
- Mix till batter is in a runny consistency.
- Slowly sift in all-purpose flour,salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Using a spatula, slowly stir in the milk. Mix till smooth.
- Divide batter into 2 portions.
- Place one portion into a bowl and drop a tint of blue colouring into the batter. Stir till well combined.
- Take a spoon, scoop the blue coloured batter into cupcake liners in muffin pan.
- Using another spoon, scoop the vanilla batter into balance of cupcake liners in muffin pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centre of cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove immediately from the muffin pan once baked to prevent over baking.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Mix whipped topping with COLD water at low speed for 1 minute using a stand mixer with the whisk attachment.
- Then whip at high speed for 5 - 7 minutes or until stiff peak form.
- Consistency of the texture should be thick and should hang on to the spatula when done.
- Use it to frost the cupcakes.
- Put the frosting in a piping bag, do a simple design on the cooled cupcakes and add a little sugar sprinkles. Then top with the Disney Frozen theme edible photo cupcake toppers.
To make cupcakes
To make frosting
Prepare ingredients to make the frosting: COLD water and a packet of premix whipped topping.
Add COLD water into whipped topping in a stand mixer with whisk attachment.
Mix the COLD water and whipped topping at low speed for about 1 minute.
Then whip at high speed for 5 to 7 minutes or until stiff peak form.
Put half the whipped topping frosting into a piping bag.
Start the frosting by making a simple design on the COMPLETELY cooled cupcake.
Completely cover the top of cooled cupcake with the frosting.
Add some sugar sprinkles on top.
Prepare the Disney Frozen themed edible photo cupcake toppers.
Place the photo cupcake topper on the top of the frosted cupcake. Make sure to put a little frosting on the underside of the print before putting on the cupcake.
Colour the other half of the frosted topping blue, just for the theme ‘FROZEN’.
Again, put the blue coloured frosting into a piping bag.
Decorate the cooled cupcake with a simple squirling design of the blue frosting to get an icy feel, …. in line with the theme.
Top with other disney frozen edible photo cupcake topper.
Put the frosted cupcakes into the refrigerator when done to allow the topping to solidify a bit.
These adorable disney frozen inspired cupcakes are just great for any FROZEN birthday parties.
And they can be baked without much effort too!
AS ALWAYS ….. ENJOY!