Feeling festive and fancy a little Christmas baking? These Christmas Mince Streusel Muffins certainly set you into the festive Christmas spirit. They are actually Christmas muffins with spiced fruit mince added and taste just like a light fruit cake, only they are amazingly moist. Topped with a generous simple streusel topping, these muffins make a fun Christmas treat. They are perfect just for Christmas, in colourful muffin liners and taste scrumptious!
Christmas Mince Streusel Muffin is extremely easy to bake. The batter is made by just mixing the DRY ingredients together in one bowl and the WET ingredients in another bowl. The add the WET ingredients to the DRY ingredients and we’re done! Yes, it’s just that simple. You could actually bake these muffins in the morning and serve them for afternoon tea on Christmas Day, so it’s perfect for last minute baking.
Christmas Mince Streusel Muffin is really a nice change from the traditional mince pie. Highly recommended, especially if you really fancy mince pies but don’t have much time to make. Also these Christmas Mince Streusel Muffins make lovely muffins to use up the last of Christmas fruit mince you have for the festive season. Don’t forget to refer to our earlier recipe on Christmas Fruit Mince here.
As always, ENJOY!
Christmas Streusel Mince Muffins 圣诞甜果脆皮玛芬糕
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 2 Large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk, 240ml, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup fruit mince, 340g, homemade or store bought
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, 390g
- 1 cup brown sugar, 200g
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder, 10g
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon zest, from freshly grated lemon
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips, 50g
- ½ cup butter, cold, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp butter, 28g, melted
- 1 cup coarse crumb flour mixture, from above
- Have ready and pre-measure all ingredients needed.
- Cut cold butter into small chunks and chill in refrigerator before use.
- Grate the outer yellow skin of a lemon. And we're ready to make the muffins!
- First, preheat oven to 180 degree C (350F). Place rack in centre of oven.
- Line a 12 - 14 muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, add in the DRY ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder,salt and lemon zest.
- Whisk everything together until well combined.
- Then, add in the cold butter.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut the cold butter into the flour mixture until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Then, set aside 1 cup of the flour mixture to make the streusel topping.
- Next, add in white chocolate chips. This adds sweetness to the muffins as fruit mince is less sweet.
- Mix the white chocolate into the coarse crumb mixture and set aside while we prepare the WET ingredients.
- In a medium size bowl, briefly beat 2 large eggs with vanilla extract.
- Add in milk.
- Next, add in the spiced fruit mince. Mince fruit adds sweetness and moisture to the muffin batter.
- Stir everything together.
- Then add the WET mince mixture into the DRY flour mixture.
- With a spatula, mix briefly. Stir until the flour mixture is JUST moistened. Do not OVER MIX or the muffins will be tough when baked.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, spoon batter into the lined paper cups.
- Fill each lined muffin cup to 3/4 full.
- To make streusel topping, melt 2 tablespoon butter to mix with the flour mixture set aside earlier.
- Place the reserved flour mixture in a bowl and add in the melted butter. Using a fork, stir until it is crumbly.
- Sprinkle one heap tablespoon of the streusel on top of each muffin.
- Tap a little on the streusel with the bottom of the tablespoon used to spoon the streusel to make sure the streusel sticks to the batter.
- Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for about 28 minutes or until firm and a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
- Place the muffin pan to cool on wire rack for not more than 2 minutes.
- Then transfer the baked muffins to cool completely on wire rack before serving.
- These muffins are at their best the day they're baked. They keep well in airtight container and store at room temperature for 2 to 3 days. Refer to notes for freezing instructions. Enjoy!