Surprise Scones Full Of Cheesey Goodness.
If you are planning to bake something for dad on Father’s day, how about these easy handmade and homemade scones which actually comes with a surprise filling? These scones are deliciously different as there are super creamy cheese embedded in the scones. These scones have everything you want in a cheese scone. They’re light, fluffy and full of cheesy goodness. Yes, they are simply irresistible. Dad will surely be surprised and truly impressed with these rich and moist cheesy Cheese Surprise Scones!
Easiest Scones Recipe Ever. Ready Under 20 Minutes.
These Cheese Surprise Scones are truly the most tasty savoury scones ever. They are packed with chunks of creamy mozzarella cheese and accented with freshly chopped spring onions. They are perfect to be served for breakfast, lunch or even as a tea-time snack. They taste wonderful on their own or can be eaten alongside a bowl of hot soup. Above all, they are extremely easy to make and are ready in less than 20 minutes. SO ENJOY!
Recipe For Cheese Surprise Scones:
Cheese Surprise Scones 芝士惊喜司康
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 3 ¼ cups Self-raising flour, leave aside 1/4 cup for use to wrap scones
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup spring onions, chopped
- 1 cup tonic water
- 1 cup cream
- 1 block mozzarella cheese, cut into 1 inch square
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, or cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted black and white sesame seeds
- First, have ready all ingredients needed to make the scones.
- Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Next, chopped fresh spring onions.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a block of mozzarella cheese into 1 inch cube.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder and chopped spring onions.
- Add in tonic water.
- Next, add in cream which makes the scones very rich and delicate.
- Mix gently the flour mixture until just combined and a soft dough is formed. Do not over mix.
- Then turn the soft dough onto a well-floured surface and pat it into a log.
- Using a pastry cutter or butter knife, cut the dough into six pieces.
- Wrap each of the soft dough with at least 2 pieces of the cheese.
- Seal the ends and form into round balls.
- Place wrapped scones, seam side down on the lined baking sheet.
- Brush the top with milk or water.
- Sprinkle the top with freshly grated cheese.
- Then followed by toasted sesame seeds. And we're ready to bake the scones!
- To bake, first preheat oven to 190 degree C (375 degree F).
- Place scones in the centre of the preheated oven.
- Bake till scones turn lightly golden brown and are cooked through, about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool on cooling rack for 5 minutes.
- Then transfer baked scones to cool on wire rack.
- These scones are best eaten the day they are baked. Great to serve them warm or at room temperature. As always, ENJOY!