Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- Leftover meat, (roast pork, duck, chicken or pork knuckles(
- 1.5 kg Mustard green, or Kai Choy, cut into pieces
- 10 dried chillies, soaked in warm water, cut into pieces
- 6 Tamarind skins, or Asam Gelugor
- 3 lemongrass, or serai
- 1 Torch Ginger Flower, or bunga kantan
- 2 tomatoes, ripe, cut into wedges
- 10 Pepper corns, cracked
- stalk Vietnamese mint, or daun kesum
- In a pot of hot water, blanch the Kai Choy.
- In another pot of boiling water, blanch the roast pork knuckles to get rid of excess oil. If you are using leftover meat, then skip this.
- Bring a pot of water to boil, (about 6 to 8 cups). Add in the tamarind skins, dried chillies, Serai, bunga kantan, tomatoes, pepper corns and daun kesum.
- Transfer the blanched pork knuckles to the pot . Top with the Kai Choy.
- Bring back to a boil and lower heat. Simmer, covered for about 1 hour or until the Kai Choy is soft.
- Season to taste with some soy sauce.
- Serve hot with steamed white rice.