Asian egg white omelette is an easy, quick and super healthy dish to include in our meal. Egg whites are a low calorie food that contain the bulk of the egg’s protein. More importantly it has no fat as compared to consuming it along with the egg yolks. Hence egg whites are the way to go if we aim to build more protein in our diet. This omelette is best eaten with hot porridge or steamed rice.
Asian Egg White Omelette
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 300 ml egg whites
- 100 gram fresh prawns, shelled, diced
- 2 tbsp spring onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp chinese cooking wine
Marinade for prawns
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp white pepper
Seasoning for egg whites
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp chicken stock granule
Sauce for white omelette
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Prepare all the ingredients for this dish.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together except the oil.
- Marinate the prawns with soy sauce and pepper.
- Start by making the sauce for the omelette. Cook the sauce ingredient in a pan till it boils.
- Then add in the vegetable oil. Mix well and set the sauce aside.
- Next, add seasoning into the egg whites.
- Beat well the egg white mixture.
- Heat up oil in a wok and drizzle in cooking wine.
- Add in the marinated prawns and stir fry for 1/2 minute over high heat.
- Then add in the beaten egg white mixture.
- Allow to set over medium heat.
- Sprinkle chopped spring onions on top of the omelette.
- When about set, flip over and allow the other side to set. Then cut into quarters.
- Dish up onto serving plate and pour the sauce over it. Garnish with cut red chilli and green lettuce before serving.
- Serve the omelette with piping hot porridge or steamed rice.