Quick to cook, simple and delicious, Chinese greens are a great way to add a vegetable dish to our meal. You can use any mixture of good Chinese greens for this recipe. The key to getting this dish right is to have fresh Chinese greens and cook them simply and quickly with garlic flavoured oil. If the greens is fresh, there is no need to add salt or sugar as the abalone scallop sauce or chicken broth will add enough saltiness to the dish.
Stir Fry Restaurant Style Chinese Greens
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 400 g Chinese greens, cut into 2 inch length
- 4 cloves garlic, whole
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¼ cup abalone scallop sauce, or you can use chicken broth
- Wash, rinse and drain the fresh Chinese greens vegetable.
- Prepare the garlic cloves, chinese greens and sauce or broth.
- Heat the oil till very hot using high heat. Then turn heat to medium. Add the garlic cloves into the oil and fry till the cloves are golden brown. This will infuse garlic flavour to the oil.
- Add the Chinese greens. Stir fry to make sure each stalk is coated with the garlic flavoured oil. Add the broth and quickly cover the wok.
- Leave for about 3 minutes covered until vegetable is just tender. The Chinese greens should be bright green, the stalks should be soft yet crunchy.
- Serve immediately when hot.