Stir – fried Mushrooms With Taucho
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 20 pieces Dried black mushrooms, or 70g, shitake mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Taucho
- 1 tablespoon Light soy sauce, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Sugar, to taste
- 1 teaspoon White pepper
- ¼ cup Mushroom soaking liquid
- Wash and soak the mushroom in warm water until they have softened. Squeeze to remove any excess liquid. Retain 1/4 cup of the soaking liquid. (Strain to remove any grit if necessary)
- Heat a wok over medium high heat. Add the sesame oil to the heated wok.
- When oil is hot, add the mushroom. Stir fry the mushrooms slowly in the wok.
- Add some sugar and soy sauce onto the mushroom while frying. The sugar and soy sauce added enhances the earthy flavour of the mushrooms. Using a spoon, add some of the soaking liquid to the mushroom. Continue to stir fry.
- Next add the taucho into the mushrooms. Stir fry until the mushrooms are coated with the taucho sauce. Spoon the remaining of the soaking liquid into the mushrooms. Continue to fry until mushrooms are cooked and tender.
- Add white pepper into mushrooms and adjust to taste and serve immediately.
Although valued for their rich flavour, these mushrooms are also believed to have lots of health benefits. They help to reduce cholesterol, lower high blood pressure, boost immune system and inhibit the growth of tumors. Nutritionally, they are loaded with protein and contain Vitamins B2 and B12.