Moist Chocolate Chips Chocolate Muffins
- 230 g all-purpose flour, or 1 3/4 cups
- 170 g brown sugar, or 1 1/4 cups
- 60 g unsweetened cocoa powder, or 2/3 cup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 85 g semisweet chocolate chips, or 1/2 cup
- 85 g white chocolate chips, or 1/2 cup
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 240 ml buttermilk, or 1 cup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 113 g butter, melted and cooled to room temperature, or 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 190 degree C (375 degree F). Place oven rack in centre of oven.
- Line a muffin pan with muffin liners. (Use a 12 or 24 cup muffin pan)
- In a large bowl whisk together the DRY ingredients all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- In a medium size bowl, light beat 2 large eggs. Then add the buttermilk,vanilla extract and melted butter. Whisk all the WET ingredients together.
- Then pour the WET mixture into the DRY mixture.
- Using a rubber spatula fold the wet ingredients into the dry. Stir only until the mixture is JUST moistened and combined. Do not OVERMIX or the muffins will be tough.
- Using an ice cream scoop, evenly fill the muffin cups till full with the batter.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Check for doneness towards the end of baking and they are done when they are firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
- Transfer the muffin pan from the oven to a rack and let cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- These muffins are best taken warm. Can also keep at room temperature for several days or even frozen.
Add in the buttermilk, vanilla extract and melted butter. Mix well.