Baked Mini Doughnuts
Tap or Hover to Adjust Servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ground Cinnamon Glaze:
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Measure DRY ingredients: all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg
- Measure WET ingredients: eggs, buttermilk, melted butter .
- In a large bowl, whisk all DRY ingredients together.
- Lightly beat the eggs.
- In a medium bowl mix all WET ingredients together. Then add vanilla extract.
- Stir the WET ingredients into the DRY ingredients.
- Blend until JUST moistened. Do not OVERMIX.
- Lightly grease a doughnut pan with baking spray.
- Using a spoon, fill batter 1/2 full into the doughnut pan.
- Preheat oven to 200 degree C (400 degree F). Place rack in middle of oven. Bake doughnuts 8 – 9 minutes until doughnut is golden brown and springs back when touch.
- Remove doughnut pan from oven and cool on rack.
- Remove mini doughnuts from pan to cool on wire rack before glazing them.
- Prepare ingredients to glaze doughnuts: icing sugar, almond extract, hot water.
- Blend icing sugar, hot water and almond extract in a small bowl. Dip doughnuts in the glaze.
- Serve the almond glazed doughnuts warm.
- Can also glaze with melted butter, sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Mix the sugar and ground cinnamon together. Dip the warm doughnuts in melted butter and roll in cinnamon sugar.
- Serve the glazed doughnuts with cinnamon sugar warm.
- Can of course serve the doughnuts plain.
- Choose either a freshly baked cinnamon doughtnut ……
- Or an almond glazed doughnut for your afternoon tea.
- Of course, you can have both too to enjoy with your coffee or tea.
To Glaze The Doughnuts
AS ALWAYS ……… ENJOY!